Dr Sophocles Nicolaides was born in Nicosia on the 19th of April 1962.
After graduating from Strovolos high school in Nicosia with excellent grades, he served in the Army finishing with the position as lieutenant.
After he passed the government examinations in Cyprus,
he studied in Greece at Thrace University for one year, majoring in electrical engineering.
In 1991 he graduated from the well known Charles University in Prague Czech Republic with excellent grades, obtaining a degree of a Medical Doctor.
Work experience after graduation
Rotating Internship in General Practice, Surgery and Gynecology at General Hospital in Nicosia and Makarios Hospital in Nicosia
Vascular and Thoracic Department, Ap. Petrou & Pavlou Hospital, Kifisia, Athens, Greece
General Surgery Department, Ap. Petrou & Pavlou Hospital, Kifisia, Athens, Greece
Plastic Surgery Department and Burns Unit, (Ap. Petrou & Pavlou Hospital, Kifisia, Athens, Greece) where he gained his experience in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery and in burn management. He completed his training in Plastic Surgery and became a board certified specialist in Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery (Greece2001, Cyprus 2001).
Owner and manager of MORFI-PLASTIC SURGERY CLINIC AND LASER STUDIO based in the town of Limassol Cyprus
He published several articles in scientific magazines and presented several projects at national and international conferences before settling in Cyprus. He participated several International plastic surgery congresses and workshops He is a member of both the Cypriot and the Greek Plastic Surgery Society. Dr. Nicolaides was recently accepted and registered by the General Medical Council, UK, as a Medical Practioner and specialist.
Today private practice in Harley Street London
1. CYSPRAS – CYPRUS SOCIETY OF PLASTIC RECONSTUCTIVE AND AESTHETIC SURGERY- ACTIVE MEMBER ( SERVED IN THE POSITION OF GENERAL SECRETARY AND TRESUARER0
2. HESPRAS – HELLENIC SOCIETY OF PLASTIC RECONSTRUCTIVE AND AESTHETIC SURGERY – CORRESPONDING MEMBER
3. ISAPS – INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF AESTHETIC PLASTIC SURGERY
ESLAS – EUROPEAN SOCIETY OF LASER AESTHETIC SURGERY
Since April 2012 he is fully registered in GMC UK as a medical practitioner with
specialist registration Ref No 7228773
Indicative Articles Published and Projects presented at national and international Conferences:
1. Intrahepatic rupture of echinococcal cyst.
1st Panhellenic congress of echinococcal, 1995.
2. Surgical Bypass for benign obstruchve jaundice benefits and limitations. European IHPBA Congress Athens, 1995.
3. Antibiotic prophylaxis in billiary surgery. European IHBA Congress Athens, 1995.
4. Cross-leg flap in modern Plastic Surgery.
1st Balkan congress for Plastic Reconstructions and Aesthetic Surgery Thessaloniki Greece, 1999
5. Treatment of Postburn sydactyly.
8th congress of EBA Marathon- Attica Greece, 1999.
6. Degloving of fingers from rings. Ways of treatment using an abdominal flap.
10th Pancretian Congress Rethymno Crete Greece, 2000
7. Rhinoplasty, Forehead Plasty and Chin Plasty in face dysmorphies. 10th Pancretian Congress Rethymno Crete Greece, 2000
8. Cold swards – Rear Cases.
Health Reviews Issues Greece 1998
1) Hepatobilary and Pancreatic diseases.
International Postgraduate School of the international Gastro surgical club Athens, 1999.
2) Vascular surgery courses.
Greek society of Vascular surgeons 1993-1994.
3) Laser workshop Athens.
6th International seminar, 1997.
4) international training course on burns and fire disasters. Mediterranean Club for Burns and fire disasters Limassol, 1998.
5) Melanoma and soft tissue sarcomas.
The European School of oncology, 1998.
6) 15th Microsurgery and hand surgery seminal of Ioannina University. Ioannina- Greece 1999.
7) Parenteral Feeding and malignant overweight. Patra University 1998.
8) Facial and Cranial injuries.
G. Gennimatas Hospital Athens 1999.